Dear Grade Four Families,
We look forward to this coming week as we prepare to celebrate the Feast Day of St. Paul. We have been given the priviledge of leading the school mass on Friday. Please note that mass will be at 10:30am (not 11am). Please ask you child if he/she has a role for this day. Students who do not have a role for this mass will be given priority to have a role during Lent, when our class will be responsible for leading the morning masses for one week.
If you are planning to join us for the luncheon on Friday, please look out for your child as we enter the gym. We will be standing at the back of the gym along the windows. Please come pick your child up from the lineup and take them to your table. Please remind your child to stay seated at all times until they hear the announcement from the teacher that it is time for recess. They are not allowed to visit other friends at different tables. This is a special time where you can be together for lunch on a school day!
If you are unable to join us for lunch, your child will be sitting at the Grade 4 table with me!!! It will be nice to share a meal together and enjoy each other’s company. Please make sure to send their lunch with them in the morning (if you did not order from Dairy Queen).
When the students are dismissed for recess, it would be helpful if you could help with the clean up and set up for the afternoon entertainment. Mr. Kelly will be in charge of this, so please give him a hand. Many hands make light work…and we thank you in advance!
Here are the reminders for the week:
- Scholastic Book orders due today
- hot lunch for those who ordered
- return library books
- Parker’s letter is due today
- work on Animal Research project: Use of Senses…paragraph is due on Friday
- no PE…Mr. Kelly will be skiing with the Grade 5 & 6 classes
- C-Skills due pg. 50 -54
- Quiz on the Liturgical Year (order of the seasons, colours and reasons of the seasons, and meanings of the colours)
- Dismissal at 2pm
- regular day
- ask parent to edit Animal Research paragraph on Use of Senses (must be at least 10 sentences long)
- no morning assembly
- School Mass at 10:30 am (led by our class)
- Feast Day luncheon in the gym (right after mass)
- Afternoon entertainment – families are welcome to stay
Jan. 28 – Pro-D (no school)
Jan. 29 – Math Quiz on Subtraction strategies
Have a great week!