Dear Grade Four Families,
This past Thursday and Friday, 1400 Catholic teachers and educators gathered together for the Catholic Educators Conference at the Convention Centre. We heard from some amazing speakers who inspired us with their life stories, challenged us to try new things, and reminded us of the beauty of our Catholic faith. It was a wonderful time to be with colleagues in a different environment to celebrate our faith.
The highlight of the conference was when recognition was given to the teachers who have served for 25 years in the CISVA (Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese). This year, Mrs. Moorehead, Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Kordyback, and Mrs. Jew all received this special recognition (25 x 4 = A century of service)! We made sure to be the loudest staff to cheer them on, and I think we accomplished our goal!
Here are the reminders for the week:
- Family Day (no school)
- Return library books
- Caitlin’s letter
- C-Skills p. 65-69
- Beatitudes #1 and 2 (fineline, coloured and cut out)
- Dismissal at 2pm
- Superhero Day
- Students may wear a costume, superhero t-shirt, or red and blue clothes. The $2 donation is going to our sponsor child, Thomas
- PE (students do not have to wear their gym strip)
- Assembly led by the staff
GOOGLE CLASSROOM ASSIGNMENTS:
- take this long weekend to complete any outstanding assignments on Google classroom
- Parents: please check your child’s account
Feb. 25 – Pink Shirt Day for Anti-bullying Day
Feb. 26 – Ash Wednesday
Lenten Masses will begin on Feb. 27 at 8:15am. Students are encouraged to attend daily mass.
Enjoy the time with your family! See you on Tuesday!