Dear Grade Four Families,
This week, we focused on the topic of Fair Trade. The students gained an understanding of how supporting Fair Trade companies help out the farmers and communities in third world countries. If you have any Fair Trade goods or items at home, could you please send the items to school with your child. The children are curious and want to see what items are available in Canada. As a challenge, if you see any Fair Trade items while you are shopping, please take a photograph of it and email to me.
The children also played a Chocolate Choices game. Ask your child what they learned after playing this game with their classmates. Now, the students will be choosing their own Fair Trade product to research and report on. They have started on their research today, so ask your child what product they have chosen.
Here are the reminders for the (short) week:
- Spirit Wear Order forms are due today
- Hot lunch for those who ordered (and please send your own cutlery)
- Return library books
- Alfred’s letter due today
- Sign and return Communicating Student Learning (report card cover and envelope)
- You may keep the written report at home
- Kristie’s family will be providing hotdogs and cupcakes for lunch today in honour of Kristie’s birthday
- C-Skills due pg. 60-64
- February Scholastic Book Orders due today
- bring in Valentine treats and cards today (optional)
- Special assembly: Unstoppable Tracy…Join us! 10:45 am in the school gym.
- Her unique perspective as a 4-way amputee inspires all audiences to set goals, persevere through adversity, and do what it takes to achieve success
Thursday and Friday:
- Catholic Educators Conference for teachers (no School)
Feb. 17 – No School (Family Day)
Feb. 21 – Superhero Dress Down Day
Feb. 25 – Pink Shirt Day for Anti-bullying Day
Feb. 26 – Ash Wednesday
Have a good week!