Dear Grade Four Families,
This week, we focused on the topic of Fair Trade. The students gained an understanding of how supporting Fair Trade companies help out the farmers and communities in third world countries. If you have any Fair Trade goods or items at home, could you please send the items to school with your child. The children are curious and want to see what items are available in Canada. As a challenge, if you see any Fair Trade items while you are shopping, please take a photograph of it and email to me.
The children also played a Chocolate Choices game. Ask your child what they learned after playing this game with their classmates. Now, we will be working on an inquiry-based project. This will be tied into the topic of fair trade, and the students will be researching about their own question or topic of their choice. This will be a new learning experience for your children, so ask them what topic or question they have chosen. I look forward to taking them through the inquiry cycle of learning, and we look forward to inviting you to see the final project at the end.
Here are the reminders for the (short) week:
- Hot lunch for those who ordered
- Return library books
- Andre’s letter due today
- Sign and return Communicating Student Learning (report card cover and envelope)
- You may keep the written report at home
- C-Skills due pg. 60-64
- Dress Down Day: wear red, white and pink for Valentine’s Day
- Bring $2.00 to support Thomas, our sponsor child from Ghana
- bring in Valentine treats and cards today (optional)
Thursday and Friday:
- Catholic Educators Conference for teachers (no School)
- Feb. 18: Family Day (no school)
- Feb. 19: Pro-D (no school)
- Feb. 21: School mass at 11am
Have a good week!