HAPPY HALLOWEEN…FROM THE STAFF OF ST. PAUL SCHOOL
Dear Grade Four Families,
I hope you enjoyed the Halloween festivities! The students were definitely overloaded with sugar! I couldn’t believe how many treats were exchanged in class on Thursday. Thank you for your generosity…the kids (and I) are extremely grateful!
Also, thank you for your support on this year’s Walkathon fundraiser! We raised an astounding amount…$76,059.55!!! We are truly blessed to have such a supportive school community!
The students have finally settled nicely into routine, and so the lessons will start to pick up in pace. I am proud of how they are now able to work quietly, stay on task, and help one another. This week, we are still working on the FSA. We still have the booklet to complete. Part I requires the students to read 2 stories and answer questions. The questions are open-ended with several acceptable answers. They will have to explain their answers and find support from the text to back up their points. Part II is writing. They will be given a topic that they must all write about it. Our practice with Four Square Writing this past week (My Hobby) will certainly help them with this section. Finally, Part III will be on Math word problems. The students will have to solve the problem and show their work.
Class Dojo Portfolio – we finally tried to use our digital portfolio yesterday! The school had purchased 10 more iPads for the intermediate grades, so we finally have an iPad for each student. Our goal is to upload a story or activity weekly (fingers crossed)!
You might have also heard from your child that Mrs. Workman’s last day with us was yesterday. She unfortunately had to leave due to personal reasons. Mrs. Workman was our EA on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We will miss her and we wish her all the best!
Here are the reminders for the week:
- Hot lunch for those who ordered
- Bring back stained glass art
- write names of relatives and friends who have died on the cross (go over names using a fineliner)
- one name per section (if you cannot fill in all the spaces with people you know, you can add saints names)
- colour each section with a different colour
- cut out the cross and put your name on the back
- we will display it on our door and remember to pray for them this month
- Beatrice’s letter is due today
- Return library books
- Part III (FSA)
- Part II (FSA)
- Dismissal at 2pm
- Quiz on the Mass
- Parts of the Mass
- eg. We praise God and rejoice in the Lord by singing this joyful song…THE GLORIA
- Mass Responses
- eg. The Lord be with you…AND WITH YOUR SPIRIT
- Order of the Mass
- Entrance, Greeting, Penitential Rite, …..Dismissal
- Parts of the Mass
- Part I (FSA)
- Remembrance Day assembly at 10:45am
- Any students who participate in cadets, scouts or girl guides are permitted to wear their uniform on this day
- NO PE (due to assembly)
- Prudence’s birthday – pizzas and juice will be served at lunchtime today
Nov. 9 – Miss Costales’ Wedding
Nov. 11 – Remembrance Day Holiday (no school)
Nov. 12 – Pro-D (no school)
Have a wonderful week!