HAPPY HALLOWEEN…FROM THE STAFF OF ST. PAUL SCHOOL
Dear Grade Four Families,
It was nice to see you at the 3-Way Conference on Friday. I know the 10 minutes went by quickly, so if you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
The kids have settled nicely into routine, and so the lessons will start to pick up in pace. I am proud of how they are now able to work quietly, stay on task, and help one another. This week, we are still working on the FSA. We still have 2 more sections to finish in the booklet. Part I requires the students to read 2 stories and answer questions. The questions are open-ended with several acceptable answers. They will have to explain their answers and find support from the text to back up their points. Part II is writing. They will be given a topic that they must all write about it. Our practice with Four Square Writing will certainly help them with this section.
Here are the reminders for the week:
- Hot lunch for those who ordered
- Bring back stained glass art
- write names of relatives and friends who have died using a fineliner
- one name per section and you don’t have to fill in all the sections
- we will display it on our door and remember to pray for them this month
- Evan’s letter is due today
- NO PE (Mr. Kelly will be away for a volleyball tournament)
- Stella’s family will be providing lunch in honour of her birthday
- they will be providing pizza, juice box, and cupcakes for the class
- Part I (FSA)
- Dismissal at 2pm
- Sushi Hot Lunch for those who ordered
- Part II (FSA)
- Remembrance Day assembly at 10:45am
- Any students who participate in cadets, scouting or girl guides are permitted to wear their uniform on this day
- NO PE (due to assembly)
Nov. 12 – Remembrance Day Holiday (no school)
Have a wonderful Week!