Dear Grade Four Families,
It was so nice to see all the students this week! I think they missed each other over the two week break and are happy to be reunited! This week, we focused on making New Year’s Resolutions and discussed the upcoming topics in our curriculum.
- Liturgical Year – seasons, colours and meaning
- Subtraction Strategies
- Four Square Writing: adding a personal/reflective sentence to the introduction and conclusion and writing paragraphs using vivid words
- January Personal Project due on Jan. 31
- Animal Research Project (Google Classroom)
- Trade: Conflict and Cooperation between the First Nations and Europeans
- Picasso inspired Self-Portrait in Cubism
The 3 schools (Sacred Heart, St. Joseph the Worker, and St. Paul) have decided to continue the Speech Arts Festival in Grades 2, 3 (Bible Reading and Poetry) and 7 (Speeches) only. We feel that the students in the intermediate grades have many opportunities to practice their public speaking skills in class, during assemblies, and at Mass.
Here are the reminders for the week:
- No PE (Mr. Kelly is skiing with the Grades 5 & 6 classes)
- Hot lunch serving for those who ordered
- Return library books
- Bring a USB to save projects from Macbook
- C-Skills due today p. 45-49
- Hot lunch order form to Dairy Queen due today
- Dismissal at 2pm
- Assembly by Grades 5 and 2
- Feast Day form due today
Jan. 21 – Scholastic Book orders due
Jan. 25 – Feast Day Mass (led by our class) and luncheon
Jan. 28 – No School (Pro-D)
Have a great week!