Dear Grade Four Families,
Your child might have told you that I was away on Thursday and Friday. I am here in New Jersey to attend my cousin’s funeral. He had been battling with brain cancer for the last 4 years. God has decided to call him home at the age of 43. He was a wonderful cousin, a loving husband, a great son, and the most compassionate and caring neonatal doctor. We are all extremely sad of his passing, but we know he is now resting in peace. Please pray for the repose of his soul, Matthew (Marty) Cuaycong. I will be flying home tomorrow and be back in school on Monday. Thank you in advance for your prayers.
Well, we finally made it to the last week of school in 2018! I can’t believe how quickly that time just flew by. I hope you all have a Blessed Christmas with your family and friends. Enjoy the 2 week break!
Here are the reminders for the week:
- NO hot lunch today but Ella’s family will be providing pizza and juice in honour of her birthday today!
- Bring in a gift bag with your child’s name labeled on it (this will be used to hold the treats and goodies for the Christmas party)
- NO PE today
- Sound check rehearsal in the afternoon
- Wallace’s letter due today
- Christmas Celebration
- 1pm – Dress Rehearsal…students will change into their costumes at school and change back to their uniform before going home at 3pm
- 6:15pm – students line up in the covered area
- students will change back into their costumes in the classrooms with parent supervision
- gym doors will open at 6:15pm for parents and family members to get their seats
- 7:00pm – showtime!
- Advent Party in Meeting Room 1 & 2
- Looking forward to seeing many of you there!
- If you are planning to hand out Christmas treats/gifts for the class, please send it in on this day…we will put it into their goodie bags and send it home at the end of the party
- Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Castillo, for planning this event and for all the parents helping out!
- Buddy Time
- if your child would like to give something to their buddy for Christmas, please send it in on this day
- We are making a Christmas star and card in class for their buddy, so please don’t feel pressured to buy something
- Last day of school before the Christmas holidays
- Wear your ugly Christmas sweater or red and green clothes
- Assembly in the gym – please join us
- Dismissal at 12 noon
Let us be joyful during this third week of Advent…Jesus is coming!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Yours in Christ,