Welcome Back to School!
Hello Grade Three Families!
I hope that you all had a wonderful and relaxing summer. I’m so excited to begin the new school year and to start to get to know your children! This year will be an amazing school year where the students will be transitioning and getting ready to “move upstairs” into intermediate. Even though there will still be a few changes and modifications to our school routine due to COVID-19, we will work together to make this a successful and enjoyable year for all of us: as written in our Archdiocesan theme this year, we are “One family and one Hope in Christ”, and we will move forward together as one family, one step at a time!
This first week of school will be extra special: the students will be spending time reuniting with their classmates, and learning the routines and expectations of Grade 3^^*!
Face masks will be optional for the students in the Primary Grades. Throughout the course of the day they will be sharing space with students from other classes such as in the hallway and the bathrooms; and also during Buddy time, assemblies, and Masses. If you would prefer that your child wear a mask during their time at school, please discuss your expectations with them.
We will be using Class Dojo again this year. The login codes will be sent home on Wednesday.
Here are the reminders for this week:
Monday ~ September 6th
- Labor Day (no school)
Tuesday ~ September 7th
- First Day of Grade 3!
- Morning drop off between 8:30 am and 8:45 am
- The students need to be lined up at the Grade 3 cone on the field by 8:45 am
- Bring their PE sneakers
- Bring a recess snack and water bottle (please remember that we are a nut-free school)
- Dismissal is at noon
- Please check your child’s agenda and agenda pocket for notices and forms
- Please verify if there is an envelope from the school office (one per family)
- *Please initial their agenda everyday
Wednesday ~ September 8th
- The students arrive at school between 8:30 ~ 8:45am and proceed directly to their classroom through the doors in the covered area (parents and grandparents do not accompany their child into the school)
- School assembly
- The ClassDojo login code will be in your child’s agenda pocket
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
Thursday ~ September 9th
- Follow the regular arrival routine
- School Mass
- Library *starting next week
- A tour of the Music room with Mr. Kelly
Friday ~ September 10th
- The Grade 3 student will be meeting their Grade 6 Buddies
A gentle reminder to send in the following items with your child by Monday, Sept. 13th
- a picture of your child for the birthday board
- headphones/earplugs in a Ziploc bag (please label them, along with the bag)
- a large t-shirt (it can be Mom’s or Dad’s) to use as an art shirt (please label the t-shirt with your child’s name)
I would also like to thank Mrs. Wong, Nicolas’ mother, for accepting the role of the Grade 3 Homeroom parent. I appreciate all the extra help Mrs. Wong will be providing us in Grade 3 this year^^*!
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at email@example.com
I am looking forward to working with you and your child this year!