Hello Grade 3 Families!
I find it hard to believe that we will already be starting the month of October this coming Friday! Since we will have only three days of academic studies this week, the students will not be having a spelling test. They will still be memorizing a rosary prayer, but it will be a very short one: Glory Be . The written assessment will be on Wednesday.
On Wednesday I will be placing the focus of our lessons on what happened at the residential schools. The class will talk about the meaning behind “Every Child Matters”. We will then look at ways in which we can help heal the wounds of the past, and actions that we can take to make sure that such trauma never happens again.
We will have a rainy week next week so please make sure that your child has their boots and rain jacket for outside play. Thank-you!
Please continue to collect Walkathon pledges! This is a very vital fundraiser for our school community^^*
Here are the reminders for this week:
Monday ~ September 27th
Tuesday ~ September 28th
Wednesday ~ September 29th
- Dress Down Day: Orange T-Shirt Day ~ Please have your child wear something orange; preferably a t-shirt, but it can also be any other item (sweater, cap, etc.)
- Please send a $2 donation for the Orange Shirt Society (www.orangeshirtday.org)
- Today is the last day to submit hot lunch order forms (by 9am)
- PE: students do not wear PE strip
- Student-Led Assembly
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
Thursday ~ September 30th
- National Day for Truth & Reconciliation (no school)
Friday ~ October 1st
- Walkathon Day!
- Students dress for the weather and the walk (non-uniform)
- Students should be at school by 8:40am so that they have time to settle in and use the bathroom before beginning the walk
- All students must bring a mask (either wearing it; on a lanyard; or in their pocket)
- We will walk to Garden City Play Park and back to school
- Only the parents who are listed in the email sent by Mrs. Moorehead on Friday afternoon (Sept. 24) will be walking with the Grade 3 students and staff (I will be sending an email to the parents who will be walking with us at the beginning of the week)
- Please send your child’s water bottle so that they can carry it with them for the walk
- Please send a snack for your child to eat once we return to school
- Dismissal is at 12:30pm
Here is the link for the parents who would like to place Scholastic Book orders in September or October:
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online. This allows Grade 3 to receive points to order new books and various items for the classroom.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at email@example.com
Have a wonderful week!