Hello Grade 3 Families!
Last week the students did really well as they continued to practice the new routines in the Grade 3 class and follow the classroom safety and behaviour protocols. They worked really hard at being focused and staying on task.
We were also able to complete the Read Well assessments. Read Well in grade 3 is slightly different to what it was in Grade 1 and 2. The students will be doing Teacher-Directed Instruction, Collaborative Work and Independent Work, along with Cursive Writing. Three groups will be working quietly at their stations while I do the Teacher-Directed Instruction with the fourth group. This week I will be creating the groups and we will be practicing paired reading and working quietly while staying on task at the various stations.
On Monday your child will be bringing home information on math-related activities that you can do with them at home. These are fun activities that will reinforce what your child is learning at school, and will bring what they are learning out of the classroom, and into the real world!
We will also be starting our weekly spelling tests. Your child will be writing the spelling words in their agenda. Please have them practice spelling them during the week so that they are ready for Friday’s spelling test.
This week we will also be starting the Temporary Transition Learning program. The students who are studying at home will be joining us during Wednesday’s math lesson via the Zoom platform. It will be great to have all of the Grade 3 students in the classroom, if only for a very short time!
Here are the reminders for the week:
- Return new health assessment form in your child’s agenda pocket
- PE today at 9:00 am
- Students come to school wearing their PE strip
- Please make sure their complete uniform is in their backpack
- They will change into their gym shoes at school
- Dismissal at 2:00 pm today (1:45 – 2:00 or 2:00-2:15)
- Last week’s first library visit was pushed forward to this week ~ Students can borrow 2 books that they will be reading in the classroom
- Last day to submit Fukuroku hot lunch orders (please put it in your child’s agenda pocket)
- Monday, Sept. 28 ~ Meet the Teacher night
- Please see Mrs. Moorehead’s email for more information
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!