Welcome Back to School!
Hello Grade Three Families!
I hope that you all had a wonderful and relaxing summer. I’m so excited to begin the new school year and to start to get to know your children! This year will be an amazing school year where the students will be transitioning and getting ready to “move upstairs” into intermediate. Even though there will be a lot of changes and modifications to our school routine due to COVID-19, we can still work together to make this a successful and enjoyable year for all of us: as written in our Archdiocesan theme this year, We will “Walk with Jesus, Our living Hope”, and move forward, one step at a time!
Please check your Grade 3 email box for a few reminders and information to help us all be successful together. Please take the time to read it carefully and feel free to ask me for any clarification.
This first week of school will be an extra special two days in which the students will be spending time reuniting with their classmates, and learning the routines and expectations of Grade 3.
We will be using Class Dojo again this year. During the first week of school, we will be posting photos of the classroom so that the students who are “learning at school” can share their learning environment with their peers who will start their learning from home. The login codes are ready to be sent home on the first day of school.
Here are the reminders for this week:
Thursday ~ September 10th
- First Day of Grade 3!
- Morning drop off will occur over two time slots. Families will arrive according to last name:
A to J – between 8:30 am and 8:45 am
K to Z – between 8:45 am to 9:00 am
- Bring a recess snack, lunch, and water bottle (please remember that we are a nut-free school)
- Pick up schedule will follow the same pattern:
A to J – between 2:45 and 3:00 pm
K to Z – between 3:00 to 3:15 pm
- Please check your child’s agenda and agenda pocket for notices and forms
- Complete Student questionnaire and return it ASAP
- The ClassDojo codes are in your child’s agenda pocket
- *Please sign their agenda everyday
Friday ~ September 4th
- Hand in Student questionnaire
- PE today
Send the following items by Monday, Sept. 14
- a picture of your child for the birthday board
- a box of tissues
- headphones/earplugs in a Ziploc bag (please label them along with the bag)
- a large t-shirt (it can be Mom’s or Dad’s) to use as a paint shirt (please label the shirt with your child’s name)
I would also like to thank Mrs. Lee for accepting the role of the Grade 3 Homeroom parent. I appreciate all the extra help Mrs. Lee will be providing us in Grade 3 this year.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am looking forward to working with you and your child this year!