Hello Grade 3 Families!
I find it hard to believe that the month of September is over and that we’re already preparing to celebrate Thanksgiving Day next Monday! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating Thanksgiving with your family and friends!
It was a pleasure to meet the parents who were able to attend our Meet the Teacher evening last Monday. I sent the PPT I used for the presentation to your emails for the parents who weren’t able to attend, and for those who wanted to go over it again.
This week the students will be starting to do the Read Well program. As I had specified in an earlier post, Read Well in Grade 3 is quite different compared to what the students experienced in Grade 1 and 2. The focus will be more on developing their comprehension skills.
The students will be doing Teacher-Directed Instruction, Collaborative Work and Independent Work. Three groups will be working quietly at their stations while I do the Teacher-Directed Instruction with the fourth group. It will be a new adventure for the grade 3 students^^*!
Here are the reminders for the week:
- PE class
- PE at 9:00 am
- Students come to school wearing their PE strip
- Please make sure their complete uniform is in their backpack
- They will change into their gym shoes at school
- Dismissal at 2:00 pm today (1:45 – 2:00 or 2:00-2:15)
- Photo Day
- Students wear their complete uniform and sweater
- For the girls: please make sure all hair accessories match their uniform colours
- Pro-D Day (no school)
Oct. 12 – Thanksgiving Day (no school)
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!