Hello Grade 3 families,
I’m extremely pleased of the grade 3 students’ participation in Friday’s assembly. They all did their very best in presenting a very important message; that we are not here to be served but to serve.
The Grade 3 students cut out their Funky Pumpkins using contrasting colours and then applied their Math skills to make various patterns on them. I already saw an improvement in their cutting skills. They are a motivated group of students and it is a real pleasure to have the privilege of teaching them this year^^*
I posted a few pictures as promised. My personal goal for next week’s blog is that you are able to see the pictures without having to click on a link. I only had time to take pictures of half of the Grade 3 students. Next week I will post pictures of the other students holding their pumpkins.
- Hot lunches for those who ordered
- Sushi hot lunch orders due
- School photo order due
- If you would like to do a retake, please bring back the original photos
- Library~please make sure that all library books are returned by today
- School Mass has been moved to Nov. 1
- Assembly led by Grade 5 & 2 ~ please join us!
- Parent Volleyball night
*Please note that the November 2nd “Three Way Conference” registration began on Friday. You should have received a newsletter about registration this past Thursday. I noticed that a few students still had the newsletters in their agendas. If you did not receive it on Thursday, please look in the transparent pocket in your child’s agenda and you will possibly find it there. If you still do not have a copy, please e-mail me.
- October 31: Halloween ~ Students may come in a costume that is appropriate for school (no weapons, masks or swords) or wear orange and black. Make sure that they are comfortable moving around in it since they still have PE on Wednesday. If you would like to send treats please keep in mind that there are 31 students in the class.
- November 5th: Field trip to the Vancouver Maritime Museum. *I would like to thank all of the parents who have offered to come with us to help out with the students. I will do a random draw to choose 6 parents and will send an email at the end of the day tomorrow to let those who showed interest know if they will be coming with us. The parents who will be assisting will have a letter in their child’s agenda on Tuesday letting them know what they will be required to do during the field trip. Once again thank you to all of those who offered to help out!
Feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!