Hello Grade 3 Families!
Last week was a busy and productive week! The student’s will soon be ready to start working on their science poster animal report.
Last week they started to work on their Haida Whale Visual Art activity. This is a long term art project that will take a few weeks to complete.
Starting this week the students will be bringing Read Theory back into the classroom. It will be one of the station activities that they will be doing during Read Well. At home they will be reading online storybooks on Epic for the month of November & December. I will be sending you their online account log in information before the end of the day on Monday.
Your child will be using the November Reading Response Log worksheets in their RED duo-tang to record what they have read. They will use one of the strategies (summarize, predict, evaluate) after each daily reading time. They should have used all three at least once during the week. For the other 2 days, they can use any of the 3 options.
Here are the reminders for the week:
- Bring $2.00 for a poppy for Remembrance Day (donation for the veterans)
- PE class
- PE today at 9:00 am
- Students come to school wearing their PE strip
- Please make sure their complete uniform is in their backpack
- They will change into their gym shoes at school
- Remembrance Day assembly at 11am (via video link in the classroom)
- Remembrance Day (no school)
- Click here to view November E-flyer:https://editions.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=678106
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online
- Books can be delivered directly to your home
Nov. 19th – Dress Down Day
- dress up in an outfit that represents where you would most like to travel to once COVID-19 is over!
Nov. 20th– Professional Development Day (no school)
Feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!