Hello Grade 3 Families!
I hope that you had a wonderful time celebrating Halloween! We definitely had a great time celebrating it at St. Paul’s, and in the Grade 3 classroom on Friday^^*
Today is another celebration in which we honor the holy men and women who have gone before us in faith. We will be talking about the saints at various times within the month of November.
Tomorrow will be All Souls’ Day and we will be discussing how we can pray for the souls of the faithful departed throughout the month of November.
Your child’s Interim report was sent home with them on Friday. They had also posted some of their work in their portfolio to share with you. I hope that you had a chance to go over them with your child.
Here are a few of the things that we will be doing in the next term:
Christian Education: – We’ll be identifying the 4 mysteries of the Rosary; praying the Rosary; discussing the sacredness of our bodies and how they are a Gift from God
Math: – We’ve finished unit 1 and will be starting unit 2 in which we will be looking at numbers up to 1000; representing these numbers concretely, pictorially, symbolically, and in words; skip-counting forwards and backwards by 3s, 4s and 25s
LA: The Grade 3 students will be writing a paragraph using the Four Square method
Reading: They will continue with Read Well
Science: They will continue to explore various ecosystems
Social Studies: The Grade 3 students will learn about Nunavut and the Inuit community
Art: They will do a Haida Art activity
Here are the reminders for the week:
- PE class
- Please remember to order your child’s photos online (if you want a retake for your child, please send in their photo envelope prior to November 10 with the indication that you want a retake)
- PE today at 9:00 am
- Students come to school wearing their PE strip
- Please make sure their complete uniform is in their backpack
- They will change into their gym shoes at school
- Dismissal at 2:00 pm today (1:45 – 2:00 or 2:00-2:15)
- Fukuroku Hot Lunch for those who ordered
- Please have your child bring their own cutlery
Nov. 11 – Remembrance Day (no school)
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!