Hello Grade 3 Families,
We had a memorable Remembrance Day Ceremony this morning. It was extremely touching and heart-warming to hear the piano, violin, trumpet and bagpipes played in honour of those who defended our country and sacrificed their lives to preserve our freedom. I am pleased that Mr. Kirkham asked the Grade 3 students to place the wreaths on the ground and allow them to be part of the ceremony.
The Grade 3 students made poppies in Visual Art this week to recreate a field of poppies. Their artwork will be displayed in the library for the rest of the month of November.
This week we started the “Read Well” program. The students did very well in their first week. Thank you to all the parents who reminded their child or children of the importance of staying on task and using their whisper voice during Read Well.
We also had a wonderful learning experience during our field trip to the Vancouver Maritime Museum. I would like to thank all the parents who participated and helped make the field trip an enjoyable learning experience for the Grade 3 students.
I hope that you all have a wonderful time with your community, family and friends during this long Remembrance Day weekend!
Here are the notices for the upcoming week:
- No school ~ Remembrance Day Holiday
- Photo retakes
- No library this week. *There will be no one attending to the library Wednesday morning and I will need to stay in the classroom for the Read Well program
- Assembly led by Grade 6 & Kindergarten ~ please join us!
- November 19th – Hot Lunch Serving Day
- November 23rd – Pro-D Day – No School
- November 26th – Hot Lunch Serving
- November 30th – Assembly led by Grade 5 & 2
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!