Hello Grade 3 Families,
It was great to see you at the 3 Way Conference on Friday^^*! On Monday we will be going on our first field trip! It will be an exciting moment for the students where they will learn about the interaction between three communities: the RCMP, the Inuit, and the Arctic animals. I would like to thank the parent volunteers who will be coming to assist us during this outing. The bus will be leaving at 9 am, so it will be important for everyone to be at St. Paul’s by 8:45 am. The children can bring a snack to eat at the end of the guided tour; it will be either before we board the bus or on the way back, depending on how much time we have.
This week we will also be starting the Read Well program. The students have been practising reading to a partner with a whisper voice. They also used their whisper voice when they did the group and the partner writing activities. This week the challenge will be to work quietly, stay on task, and help one another within their group, while I read with another group. Please remind them of the importance of staying on task and using their whisper voice during Read Well.
Each student wrote the name of a relative or a family friend who had passed away on a heart. The hearts will be displayed in the classroom in the shape of poppies; we will be praying for them during the month of November.
Here are the notices for this week:
- The field trip
- Hot lunches for those who ordered (They will be in the classroom when we arrive from the field trip)
- No PE today ~ Mr. Kelly will be away for a volleyball tournament
- Library~please make sure that all library books are returned by today
- Sushi Hot Lunch for those who ordered
- Remembrance Day assembly led by Grade 7 students at 10:45 am. Please join us.
- Any students who participate in cadets, scouting or girl guides are permitted to wear their uniform on this day
- Prudence’s parents will be providing pizza during lunchtime to celebrate her birthday with her classmates^^*
Nov. 12 ~ Remembrance Day Holiday (no school)
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!