Hello Grade 3 Families!
It’s already our second week into the month of May! How time flies when you’re having a good time ^^*! This week we started to do multiplications and today your child will be bringing a multiplication chart home. They should know up to 5 X 5 by the end of the school year. I would suggest that they learn up to 5 X 12 to give them a head start for next year. We will be practicing and learning different strategies in the classroom, and the more practice they have, the easier it will become for them to do.
I will send their spelling word list in an email tomorrow before the end of the day.
It’s the track & Field Day with St. Joe’s this coming Monday at Minoru Centre. Please make sure that your child comes to see me as soon as you arrive so that I can check them on the attendance list. Before you leave with your child at the end of the day, please come and see me to place your signature beside your child’s name on the attendance list. This confirms that your child has left with you.
Here are the reminders for the week:
- All-day Track & Field at Minoru Centre
- Math homework for the week will be going home today
- Dismissal at 2pm
- School mass at 11 am led by Kindergarten students
- Spelling test
- Assembly at 9:00 am led by Grade 3 & 7. Please come and join us!
- Spelling word list for next week will be going home today
- Scholastic order will be placed today
- May 9th ~ School Mass
- May 20th: Victoria Day ~ No School
- May 22nd to the 24th: Scholastic Book Fair (until 10:30 am on 24th)
Feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!