Hello Grade 3 Families!
Happy Victoria Day! I hope that you are all enjoying the long weekend.
Last week the students who participated in the Vancouver Track Meet had an amazing experience! They all seemed really impressed by the large crowd of people who were present. From what I’ve heard, those who will be participating in the CISVA Track Meet will be even more impressed! I’m really pleased that the Grade 3 students are now allowed to participate in the track and field activities. They proved to everyone that Grade 3 students are ready to jump in and do their best^^*!
This week will be the Scholastic Book Fair! It’s something the Grade 3 students have been anticipating. Almost nothing compares to sitting down with a good book and letting your imagination soar!
I will be posting the information for their Oral Presentation in Class Info.
Here are the reminders for the week:
- No school~Victoria Day
- Last day to receive raffle tickets for the Scholastic Book Fair
- a chance to win a free book
- read for 15-30 minutes = 1 raffle ticket
- I gave each student 3 raffle tickets for the long weekend. If you find that your child read more than 3 times during the weekend, please write a comment letting me know how many more 15-30 min. reading sessions they had, and I will give them the tickets on Tuesday which I will sign with my initials.
- Math homework for the week will be going home today
- Paper copy of spelling word list will be going home today
- Scholastic Book Fair begins today
- Dismissal at 2pm
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Spelling test
- Scholastic Book Fair ends today at 10:30am
- Assembly at 9:00am led by Grades 2 & 5
- Spelling word list for next week will be going home today
- CISVA Track Meet at Swangard Stadium ~ May 29 & June 5
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!