Hello Grade Three Families!
I hope that you all had a wonderful time during Spring Break! What a wonderful way to end the Spring Break by celebrating Palm Sunday and entering Holy Week^^* This week will be one filled with reflections on the various events that followed Palm Sunday where we will be learning more about Jesus’ sacrifice for us as we journey with Him through the Triduum.
Starting this week, the students will have daily LA homework activities to review what they’ve been learning throughout the school year (capitalization, punctuation, types of sentences etc.) This will help them be better prepared when they walk up the stairs into intermediate.
In math we will be starting a lesson on 2-digit subtractions. The students will have an addition worksheet as homework to review what they learned before the Spring Break, with a little bonus to prepare them for the next school year^^*
Please make sure that your child brings in the completed health form on Monday morning that was sent to you by Mrs. Ong. They will be placing them in the “to be handed in” bin on my desk.
The Mite Boxes, that were brought home to collect money for the seminarians, will also be due on Wednesday of this week.
Here is this week’s schedule:
- Health form to be submitted upon arrival in the classroom
- PE today at 9:00 am
- Students come to school wearing their PE strip
- Please make sure their complete uniform is in their backpack
- They will change into their gym shoes at school
- Mite Boxes with the donations for the seminarians are to be returned today
- No PE
- Dismissal at 2:00 pm today (1:45 – 2:00 or 2:00-2:15)
- 9:15 am ~ The Grade 7 students Last Supper video presentation
- Holy Friday (no school)
A friendly reminder for the March/April Scholastic Book Orders:
Here is the link https://editions.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=687734
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online
- Books can be delivered to the school or directly to your home
April 5 – Easter Monday (no school)
April 9 – Hot lunch (Fukuroku)
Feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!