Hello Grade 3 Families!
I hope that you have a wonderful time celebrating Father’s Day this weekend! We, the teachers, are busy all weekend because … the end of the year is almost here! The progress reports are “just about” ready to go home, and Fun Day and the end of the school year picnic at Garden City Park are just around the corner!!!
This year we will have a class-themed parade for the parents who are able to attend our Fun Day. Our Grade 3 theme will be “Cat Lady”. If you’re wondering why, just ask your child and they’ll let you know.
The students will each decide what colour of kitten they would like to be (grey, black, yellow, brown, white, or a combination of any of these colours). The only requirement is that they arrive at school dressed in the colour(s) they chose on Fun Day.
We will make the ears and their kitty collars in the classroom.
Here is this week’s schedule:
Monday ~ June 20th
- Perogies Hot Lunch for those who ordered: please make sure that your child brings their own utensils
Tuesday ~ June 21st
- Last school Mass (you are welcome to join us): Passing of the Light Ceremony for the Grade 6 & 7 students ~ The students are expected to wear full uniform including their sweater
Wednesday ~ June 22nd
- Dismissal is at 2 p.m
Thursday ~ June 23rd
- No 9 a m. Mass today
Friday ~ June 24th
- Appreciation Breakfast from 8:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. : please join us so that we can thank you for all of your support throughout this school year
- Appreciation Assembly at 9 a.m.
- Fun Day: students come to school wearing their theme clothes
- Dismissal is at 12:30 p.m.
Here is the link for the parents who would like to place Scholastic Book orders in the month of June.
Please enter the Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online. This allows Grade 3 to receive points to order new books and various items for the classroom.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a wonderful week!