Hello Grade 3 Families!
Since Easter we have been talking about the Pentecost and the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit. This Sunday is the 7th Sunday after Easter in which we celebrate the church’s birthday. We had talked of how the colour red represents the fire of the Holy Spirit that descended upon Jesus’ followers, and how people often wear red on that day to commemorate that moment. Today I wore the red shawl that I received from you and your children to commemorate that moment and my first Pentecost Sunday here in Vancouver…Thank you.
Last Thursday morning the students found out what Fun Day Team they are on. Then in the afternoon, their team members got together to chose a team name. This week they will be creating and practising their team cheers for Fun Day! This is my first year here, so I’m looking forward to seeing all the excitement as they get ready to present it in front of the other teams!
This week the Grade 3 students will be singing the song Qui à peur du méchant loup? Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? as part of their French assessment. Please make sure they practice at home, which will also give you the pleasure of hearing your child sing in French^^*
Edit *Please go to the Class Info tab for information on our Inquiry Project. The students will be making a roller coaster and they will be needing a few items from home…It should be fun^^*! The information should be there in about 30 minutes, so by 9 pm.
Here are the reminders for the week:
- Crest design for Fun Day due today
- Bowling field trip to Lucky 9 Lanes with Grades 2, 5 & 7
- regular arrival time at school at 8:45 am
- boys: regular uniform or gym shorts allowed
- girls: regular uniform or black or blue pants or leggings, or gym shorts allowed
- bring a recess snack ~ the students will eat it before leaving
- pick up time in the covered area at 9:55 am
- bowling: 10:15 am-12:30 pm (please be back at the bowling alley by 12:30 pm for pick up time)
- return to school
- we will eat lunch at school as soon as we arrive
- Thank you for driving or coordinating rides for this special field trip! It will be a lot of fun^^*
- Hot lunch for those who ordered
- Math homework going home today ~ due on Friday
- French song assessment: Qui à peur du méchant loup?
- Top Marks Fitting in the gym: 3 pm – 7 pm
- All library books were due last week. *Please verify to see if there are any books left at home.
- Dismissal at 2pm
- Top Marks Fitting in the gym: 2 pm – 7 pm
- Spelling test
- Spelling word list for next week will be going home today
- Assembly at 9am led by Grade 6 & K
- Grand Finale Show – Grade 7 fundraiser at 1:00 pm: The Gr. 7 students will be raising funds for The Door is Open, St. Joseph Nursery, and an Elementary School in Cameroon (Fr. George’s charity). Join us for an afternoon variety show that will include performances from the Rock Band Club, skits, music, snacks, and prizes. Admission for students is $2.00. (Parents who attend may make a $2.00 donation for admission.)
June 21 – Appreciation Breakfast and Fun Day
June 25 – Last school mass at 11am (Passing of the Light ceremony by Grade 7 and 6)
June 27 – Last day of school (Dismissal at 12 noon)
Feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!