Hello Grade 3 Families!
This week will be a very special week where we will be preparing for St. Paul Feast Day. The students will also be reciting the rosary as of Monday. Please make sure they bring their rosary in by tomorrow.
We will soon be starting our new Science Unit Plan on Landforms and Bodies of Water. It should be an exciting interesting fun-filled unit! We will also be wrapping up Unit 2 in Math and starting Additions and Subtractions. All things to look forward too^^*
My father passed away this morning at 5 am. Because of this I will be absent for the beginning of the week. I have prepared a thorough 3 day lesson plan for the person who will be replacing me during that time. Your child will be well taken care of during my absence. I will be back in the classroom on Thursday, so I will be able to celebrate St. Paul’s Feast Day with you.
Since this is my first time celebrating St. Paul’s Feast Day, I have borrowed some information from Grade 4 as to the procedure…
If you will be joining us for the luncheon on Friday, please look out for your child as we enter the gym. Please come pick your child up from the lineup and take them to your table. Please remind your child to stay seated at all times until they hear the announcement from the teacher that it is time for recess. They are not allowed to visit other friends at different tables. This is a special time where you can be together for lunch on a school day.
If you are unable to join us for lunch, your child will be sitting at the Grade 3 table with me. It will be nice to share a meal together and enjoy each other’s company. Please make sure to send their lunch with them in the morning if you did not order from Dairy Queen.
When the students are dismissed for recess, it would be appreciated if you could help with the clean-up and setting up the gym for the afternoon entertainment. Mr. Kelly will be in charge of this, so please give him a hand. Many hands make light work…and we thank you in advance!
Here is this week’s schedule:
- Hot lunch for those who ordered
- Choir practice
- No PE today ~ Mr. Kelly will be skiing with the grade 5 & 6 classes
- Math Unit 2: lesson 6 to 11 review homework ~ Please go over the Quick Review for each lesson with your child. Have them explain it to you, then clarify any misinterpretations if necessary. Please place your initials confirming that they did their homework^^*
- Math Unit 2 Review Test
- St. Paul Feast Day Celebration ~ Mass is at 10:30 am
- The Scholastic Book Order will be placed at the end of the school day
- No school on Monday, January 28th ~ Professional Development Day
Feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!