Hello Grade 3 Families!
With only 3 school days, last week went by very quickly! We made the most of it and were able to put everything into place for the students to be able to start working on their Science Project models during the long weekend^^*! This week the Grade 3 students will be writing their script for their skit, and should be ready to start their iMovies at the beginning of next week.
On Wednesday we will have the second selection in the Parish Building rooms 1 & 2 for the Poetry Readings (Grade 2 students) & the Gospel Readings (Grade 3 students). Parents are welcome to join us.
We had a very enriching 2 days at the Catholic Educators Conference! It will be great to be able to incorporate what we learned into our classrooms. One of the highlights was when they celebrated those who had 25 years of service within the CISVA (Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese). Four members of our staff received recognition: Mrs. Moorehead, Mrs. Jew, Mrs. Kelly, & Mrs. Kordyback…That’s 100 years of service^^*!
Have a wonderful time celebrating Family Day tomorrow!
Here are the reminders for the week:
- No school~Family Day
- Return report card cover and envelope (only a few outstanding left)
- 10:30-11:45 Poetry & Gospel Readings in rooms 1& 2
- Dismissal at 2pm
- Body & Movement Music Workshop
- Superhero Day: students may wear superhero costumes (provided that they can still participate in regular school activities), superhero t-shirts and casual pants, or red and blue clothes
- please send in a $2 donation for our foster child Thomas
- Assembly at 9:00 am led by the staff
- Feb. 25th: Pink T-Shirt Day ~ Anti-Bullying Day
- Feb. 26th ~ Ash Wednesday
- Feb. 27th ~ Lenten Masses will begin at 8:15am. Students are encouraged to attend daily mass.
Feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!