Hello Grade 3 Families!
The Grade 3 students were really excited to watch Thursday’s friendly volleyball competition between the teachers and the students! The teachers got off to a head start but it was the Grade 7 students who were the ones who made the winning points! It was all in great fun with a lot of cheering going on^^*
This week is the second week of Advent, and we will be lighting the candle on the Advent wreath which symbolizes peace. As Grade 3 students prepare for the coming of Jesus, we remember that Jesus is our hope and our peace.
From the prophet Isaiah 9:6-7
“For a child has been born for us, a son given to us; authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
Starting next week, the Grade 3 students will be doing a STEM project in which they will be making a gingerbread house. Each student will need to bring a 3 dollar deposit to cover the cost of the milk carton (for the house), Graham crackers (for the walls), icing sugar (for the glue), and candies (for the decorations: m&m’s, licorice sticks, etc). I’ve attached an image to give a general idea of what our gingerbread house community will look like^^*
Please have your child bring the 3 dollars by Monday or Tuesday so that I can go purchase the various items on Wednesday. Thank you!
Here are the notices for the upcoming week:
- Hot lunch for those who ordered
- Christmas Concert costumes are due today *Please put it in a bag on a hanger with your child’s name on it
- Library~please make sure that all library books are returned by today
- Assembly led by Grade 5 & 2
Christmas Concert Information:
The grade 3 students will be dressed as waiters for the Christmas Concert. They will need a white shirt that buttons with a collar and long sleeves, black pants, and their black dress shoes (school shoes will do).
- December 17th – Christmas Celebration Performance
- Dress Rehearsal at 1:30 pm
- Evening Performance at 7:00 pm
- December 19th – Grade 3 will serve mass at 11 am & then we will have our Advent Party at noon in the Parish Centre
- December 20th – Last day of school – Dismissal at 12:00 pm
- January 6th – First day back
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!