Hello Grade 3 Families!
The Grade 3 students had a great time at LabOps doing a DNA extraction and looking at all the high-tech robotized equipment! The hip-hop performance was a wonderful end to an amazing day and to a week filled with hip-hop fun! For the parents who were unable to attend, I posted a video of their dance on our Class Dojo blog^^*
Today is the first Sunday of Advent. Tomorrow we will light the first candle that symbolizes hope, reminding us that Jesus is coming. Advent is the season that leads up to Christmas. It’s a time we use to pray and reflect in anticipation of the coming of our Lord and the start of the Christmas Season. This week we will reflect on what we can do to become closer to Jesus.
It will be a pleasure to walk through the weeks of Advent with the Grade 3 students as we prepare for the coming of Christ.
We will have our Advent party after mass on December 19th. I would like to thank our homeroom parent Mrs. Acosta, for organizing the party^^*
Your child brought home a purple paper in their agenda to write down their prayer intention. The students have been placing prayer intentions on our religion board on a voluntary basis. Starting this week until December 20th, every student will be placing a prayer intention on our board that they will be reading during one of our morning prayers. If it is something personal that they do not want to share, they should write “Private” on top of the paper after folding it in half. When it is their turn to share their prayer intention, they can say it in the silence of their heart.
Please guide them in writing their prayer intention and have them hand it in on Monday. Thank you: Your support is greatly appreciated!
Here are the notices for the upcoming week:
- Hot lunch for those who ordered *Please have your child bring their own cutlery
- Primary Choir at 12:15 pm for those who joined
- Scholastic book orders will be sent out at 3 pm
- Library~please make sure that all library books are returned by today
- Assembly led by Grade 4 & 1. Please join us!
- St. Paul’s Feast Day Hot Lunch orders due today
- December 17th – Christmas Concert Celebration @ 1:00 & 7 pm
- December 19th – Grade 3 students will be leading the mass & then we will have our Christmas Advent Party in the Parish Centre ~ Please join us!
- December 20th – Ugly Sweater Dress-Down Day (or red and green) & Last Day of School ~ Noon dismissal
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!