Hello Grade 3 Families!
The Grade 3 students were really excited to watch Friday’s friendly volleyball competition between the teachers and the students! They made posters in the classroom during their lunch break to encourage them. The students started out leading the game but the teachers were the ones who made the last few winning points! It was all in great fun with a lot of cheering going on^^*
This week is the second week of Advent, and we will be lighting the candle on the Advent wreath which symbolizes peace. As Grade 3 students prepare for the coming of Jesus, we remember that Jesus is our hope and our peace.
From the prophet Isaiah 9:6-7
“For a child has been born for us, a son given to us; authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
In the last week before Christmas, the Grade 3 students will be doing a STEM project in which they will be making a gingerbread house. Each student will need to bring a small empty 2oz (57ml) sized Goldfish cracker carton, or an empty “clean” 250 ml milk carton, along with a 2 dollar deposit to cover the cost of the Graham crackers (for the walls), icing sugar (for the glue), and candies (for the decorations: m&m’s, licorice sticks, etc). If your child would like certain specific candies to decorate their house, they can bring what will fit into a sandwich baggie identified with their name. I attached an image to give a general idea of what our gingerbread house community will look like.
Please have your child bring the empty carton and the 2 dollars before the end of the week so that we will be ready to start on Monday of the following week. Thank you^^*!
Here are the notices for the upcoming week:
- Christmas Concert costumes are due today *Please put it in a bag with your child’s name on it
- Hot lunch for those who ordered
- Library~please make sure that all library books are returned by today
- Assembly led by Grade 6 & Kindergarten
Christmas Concert Information:
The grade 3 students will be dressed as angels for the Christmas Concert. They will need a white shirt with no logo/writing on it, or their gym t-shirt; beige or khaki pants or white leggings, and their black dress shoes (school shoes will do).
- Please bring canned goods for Richmond Food Bank from Dec. 10-12
- December 18th – Christmas Celebration Performance
- Dress Rehearsal at 1:30 pm
- Evening Performance at 7:00 pm
- December 20th – Grade 3 Christmas Breakfast *more details to follow*
- December 21st – Last Day of School – Dismissal at 12:00 pm
- January 7th – First Day Back
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!