Hello Grade 3 Families!
We were truly blessed to have such a beautiful day for the Walkathon! I’m looking forward to seeing the picture/selfie of your family taken during your walk that will be placed in the school video^^* Details on where to send it will be sent to you at a later date.
Happy Pentecost! Today is already the 7th Sunday of Easter in which we celebrate the church’s birthday. During the Easter season it was wonderful to talk about the Pentecost and the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit with the Grade 3 students.
Tomorrow is Victoria Day…Three reasons to celebrate in one weekend is exceptional^^*!
Next week the Grade 3 students will have a few days to practice, then they will start doing their Social Studies presentation with their partners. They have been working really hard on this project and I’m anticipating seeing their presentations!
I would also like to ask the Grade 3 families to continue praying for Justice Guno and his family. They need all of our prayers and our support during this extremely challenging time in their lives. Let us all pray and ask God to heal & bring Justice back to health. May He also offer strength and comfort to Justice’s family.
Here is this week’s schedule:
- No school (Victoria Day)
- PE today at 9:00 am
- Students come to school wearing their PE strip
- Please make sure their complete uniform is in their backpack
- They will change into their gym shoes at school
- No PE
- Dismissal at 2:00 pm today (1:45 – 2:00 or 2:00-2:15)
- No library
- Library will now be closed for inventory
- We will no longer be taking out books for this year
- Grade 3 Confession
- Jean’s Day: wear your favourite jeans
- bring in $5.00 donation to support BC Children’s Hospital and The Encore
- The Encore: Last day to return treat order forms and money for the Grade 7 fundraiser
- PE: students do not need their PE strip
- Fukuroku Hot Lunch: Please have your child bring their own utensils
A friendly reminder for the May/June Scholastic Book Orders:
Here is the link https://editions.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=687734
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online
- Books can be delivered to the school or directly to your home
Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!