Hi Grade Two Families!
It really feels like we are getting into the swing of things of Grade 2. I can’t believe it’s only been the third week of school. It feels like we’ve been at it for months!
This week the children made their own prayer books. These books are in their agenda pocket. You can keep them there or take them out. We will be going over what these prayers mean and why they are important over the next couple of weeks, as well as practicing them. Please pray these prayers with your child at home. You can focus on a prayer at a time or do all of them at the same time. The goal is to be able to recite these prayers by heart, or get to know them and their meaning even better.
This Monday, Sept. 28 is Meet the Teacher. We will be meeting in the gym at 6:30 pm. We will go over general housekeeping, the Grade 2 program, and then you will have the option to briefly walk through the classroom. Due to Covid restrictions, only one parent is allowed to attend the meeting and no children will be allowed. All parents must wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you. I look forward to seeing many of you there!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Class Dojo ~ I have posted a few activities on what we’ve been learning at school. Please feel free to look at our Class Story or your child’s portfolio.
Library books ~ your child borrowed their first Library books of Grade 2. They can borrow up to 2 books. Please return the books by the following Wednesday so they can borrow new ones.
- PE today
- Meet the Teacher at 6:30 pm in the gym
- French and Music today
- RAZ Kids log in information will be sent home
- PE today at 9:00 am
- Students come to school wearing their PE strip
- Please make sure their complete uniform is in their backpack
- They will change into their gym shoes at school
- French class today
- Library books due today
- Dismissal at 2 pm today (1:45 – 2:00 or 2:00-2:15)
- PE today
- Music today
- PE today
- Fukuroku hot lunch for those who ordered
- Please bring your own cutlery
- Thursday, Oct. 8 ~ Photo day
- Friday, Oct. 9 ~ Pro-D day (no school)
- Monday, Oct. 12 ~ Thanksgiving (no school)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a sunny week ahead!
Mrs. Teodosio 🙂