Dear Grade Two Families,
Our featured image this week comes from Card Game Friday. You might hear about Card Game Friday from your child’s Friday Letters. Every (or almost every) Friday, we play a card game. Sometimes we learn a new one or other times we practice one we’ve already learned. Card Game Friday is a great way to practice many different math concepts and social skills. We usually play the games in pairs or in small groups. It also helps develop fine motor skills as they shuffle and hold the cards.
So far we have played Go Fish, Patterns, Old Maid, Snap, and there’s many more to come! At the end of November, March and June, I will share with you the games that we have played so far.
We just played War this past Friday. Ask your child how to play and play with them a game or two! If you have a favourite card game that you would like to suggest, please let me know! 🙂
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Jaeden
- PE today
- French and Music today
- Bring back Spelling notebook
- PE today at 9:00 am
- Students come to school wearing their PE strip
- Please make sure their complete uniform is in their backpack
- They will change into their gym shoes at school
- French class today
- Library books due today
- Dress Down Day
- The theme for the dress down day is “Where is the first place that you would like to go on vacation when the COVID-19 pandemic is over?”
- You can wear shirts from the place, colours of the flag or anything that helps represent the place
- Please make sure they are appropriately dressed for the weather and for school
- Please bring $2 for the Door is Open (Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Vancouver)
- Spelling List #6 goes home
- Library Day
- PE today
- No school ~ professional day
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.
I hope you stay dry this week!