Dear Grade Two Families,
Our picture this week comes from developing our research skills to learn more about landforms. We read information about different landforms and then drew a picture to match. The students have done an excellent job exploring different landforms and sharing what they learned about it.
We have an exciting week ahead of us with a special visit from the Richmond Orchestra & Chorus on Thursday and celebrating St. Paul’s Feast Day on Friday.
It seems a little bit like deja vu writing to you on the blog this week because I will be sharing on the same information from last week about First Communion!
TAKE TWO! 🙂 We’ll restart the First Communion program this week! It is a joyous time as the children get to know Jesus a lot more and develop their relationship with Him in preparation for this beautiful sacrament. You can find out more about the program in the letter sent home before the break, and at our mandatory first parent meeting on Wednesday, January 22 at 6:45 pm in the school gym. Please make sure you sign in with me before the meeting starts. We will cap off the week by attending Mass together on Saturday, January 25 at 5:00 pm in the church. All details and more will be communicated at the meeting on Wednesday.
See you then!
First Communion Theme: Belonging
Star of the Week: Ariston
Here are the reminders for the week:
Monday, Jan. 20
- No school – Professional Day
Tuesday, Jan. 21
- Return Spelling books
- Return Friday Letters
- Hotcakes dessert for Lazarus’ birthday
Wednesday, Jan. 22
- I will be with the Grade 5 & 6 classes ski trip during the day
- Return Library books
- PE today
- Spelling Check Up for List #9
- Parent Meeting
- 6:45 pm in the school gym
- Please sign in before you have a seat
- Kindly make childcare arrangements as children are not allowed to come to the meeting
Thursday, Jan. 23
- Richmond Orchestra & Chorus assembly
- Pizza & cupcake lunch for Faith’s birthday
- PE today
- Spelling List #10 goes home today
- Gold Book goes home
- They will stay home over the weekend and be brought back to school on Monday
- Please go through the whole chapter with them
- Complete any unfinished work
- Please do not work ahead to the next chapters
Friday, Jan. 24
- Feast Day Celebration
- Please join us for Mass at 10:30 am
Saturday, Jan. 25
- First Communion Mass – Belonging
- 5:00 pm in the church
- Please arrive 15 minutes earlier
- Please sign in in the foyer of the church and receive your name tag
- Please come in your Sunday best (no play clothes, jeans, or runners)
- Wednesday, Jan. 29 – First Communion Parent Meeting – Celebrating
- Friday, Jan. 31 – Star Wars Dress Down Day
- Saturday, Feb. 1 – First Communion Mass at 5 pm
Please email me or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Teodosio 🙂