Hello Grade 2 Families,
I hope you are enjoying your long weekend!
We had a blast celebrating the feast of conversion of St. Paul on Friday with a special reflection we did in class, Mass and our special guests, Drum Cafe. Each student had a drum they could hit following the directions of Drum Cafe. Some of us had trouble keeping rhythm (me), nevertheless, we all had a great time. Thank you for joining us either at the Mass or in the gym to celebrate as a community.
We start the First Communion program this week! It is always a joyous time as the children get to know Jesus a lot more in preparation for this beautiful sacrament. You can find out more about the program in the letter sent home last week, and at our first parent meeting on Wednesday, January 30 at 6:45 pm in the school gym. Please make sure you sign in with me before the meeting starts. We will cap off the week by attending Mass together on Saturday, February 2 at 5:00 pm in the church. All details and more will be communicated at the meeting on Wednesday.
See you then!
Star of the Week: Nathan
First Communion Theme: Belonging
Here are the reminders for the week:
Monday, Jan. 28
- No School
Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Reading Activity due & goes home today
Wednesday, Jan. 30
- PE today
- Return Library books
- Spelling Check Up for List #11
- Parent Meeting
- 6:45 pm in the school gym
- Please sign in before you have a seat
- Kindly make childcare arrangements as children are not allowed to come to the meeting
Thursday, Jan. 31
- Spelling List #12 goes home
- Reading Activity due
- PE/ Health today
- Gold Book goes home
- They will stay home over the weekend and be brought back to school on Monday
- Please go over your child’s work and complete any unfinished work
- Please do not work ahead to the next chapters
Friday, Feb. 1
- Fukoroku hot lunch for those who ordered
- Reading Activity goes home
- PE today
Saturday, Feb. 2
- First Communion Mass – Belonging
- 5:00 pm in the church
- Please arrive 15 minutes earlier
- Please sign in in the foyer of the church and receive your name tag
- Please come in your Sunday best (no play clothes, jeans, or runners)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.