Hi Grade Two Families,
There are many exciting things to look forward to this week! We are celebrating St. Paul’s Feast Day on Monday and the Grade Two’s will receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the first time on Friday! What a great way to end the first month of the year!
On Monday, it is the Feast Day of St. Paul. It is a dress down day. Students can come in their St. Paul spirit wear or in blue and/or yellow. We will also be watching a livestream Mass together as a whole school. The link will be sent out via email on Monday morning. Then we will spend the day learning more about St. Paul’s conversion and ministry.
On Friday, your children will be receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation. They have done an excellent job preparing by thinking about the choices they have made and understanding God’s unconditional love and forgiveness. Please continue to practice the steps to Reconciliation and the Act of Contrition with them. They will be taking home different kinds of Examination of Conscience this week for them to pray and think about their choices. These will also be posted on the blog. Thank you very much for your continued support and helping prepare your child for their First Confession!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Emma
- St. Paul Feast Day!
- Dress down day – St. Paul spirit wear or blue and yellow
- PE today
- Please wear clothes that they can move around in
- No PE strip needed
- Please send in your child’s landform pictures by today
- Thank you to those who have already sent them in!
- French and Music today
- Bring back Spelling notebook
- PE today at 9:00 am
- Students come to school wearing their PE strip
- Please make sure their complete uniform is in their backpack
- They will change into their gym shoes at school
- Library books due today
- Spelling List #10 test today
- No Spelling List this week
- Library Day
- PE today
- First Reconciliation
- We will have a pizza lunch to celebrate ~ A big thank you to Mrs. Secord for organizing this for us!
- PE today
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a blessed week!