Hi Grade Two Families!
What an interesting week we’ve had! I loved hearing all the stories your children had about playing in the snow, and then seeing them play in the snow themselves on Wednesday. We had a great two days listening to inspiring speakers and learning about how God works in their lives.
This week your children will be participating in Speech Arts for the first time. It is a great opportunity for the children to be exposed to public speaking in a safe and supportive environment. Here are some of the things the judges will be looking for as you continue practicing with your children this week:
- Bible readings are proclaimed
- Practice all 3 Bible passages
- Poems are memorized
- You are welcome to add actions to the poem if you’d like
- Read the passage/ recite the poem at a just right speed
- Speak with a loud, clear voice
- Make eye contact with your audience
- Maintain good posture when speaking
Happy practicing! I can’t wait for your children to share their Bible readings and poems!
Star of the Week: none for this week 🙂
First Communion Theme: Caring
Here are the reminders for the week:
Monday, Feb. 18
- Family Day ~ no school
Tuesday, Feb. 19
- Pro D Day ~ no school
Wednesday, Feb. 20 ~ 100th Day of School!
- PE today
- Return Library books
- Bring Gold Book to school
- Reading Activity due
- Hot lunch order form due today
- Sign and return Communicating Student Learning Reports (white and brown envelope) if you haven’t done so already
- Parent Meeting
- 6:45 pm in the school gym
- Please sign in before you have a seat
Thursday, Feb. 21
- PE/ Health today
- Mass led by Grade 1 ~ please join us!
Friday, Feb. 22
- Assembly led by the Staff
- PE today
- Reading Activity goes home
- Hot lunch for those who ordered (rescheduled from Feb. 11 snow day)
Saturday, Feb. 23
- First Communion Mass – Caring
- 5:00 pm in the church
- Please arrive 15 minutes earlier
- Please sign in in the foyer of the church
- Please come in your Sunday best (no play clothes, jeans, or runners)
- Speech Arts Round 2 ~ Tuesday, Feb. 26
- Anti-Bullying Day (pink shirt day) ~ Wednesday, Feb. 27
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.