Hello Grade Two Families!
Last week, we wrapped up our Science unit on Matter. The students showed great interest in all the experiments we did in the classroom, such as watching raisins dance in soda and inflating balloons with baking soda and vinegar! The class especially enjoyed making their own slime to find out if it acted more like a solid or a liquid. I was very pleased to see how much curiosity and excitement they had about the world around them!
Speaking of excitement, the children are also very excited to show you what they have been learning in Grade Two! Thank you to those parents who have already made an appointment for Friday’s Student-Led Conferences or who have informed me that they will not be attending. If you haven’t already done so, please register for an appointment or let me know as soon as possible. I can’t wait for you all to share in your child’s learning!
Here are the reminders for the week:
First Communion Theme: Giving Thanks for New Life
Star of the Week: Marcus
- Bring back Gold Book
- PE today
- French and Music today
- Bring back Spelling notebook
- PE today at 9:00 am
- Students come to school wearing their PE strip
- Please make sure their complete uniform is in their backpack
- They will change into their gym shoes at school
- Library books due today
- Spelling List #16 test today
- No Spelling List this week
- Library Day
- PE today
- Gold Book goes home
- They will stay home over the weekend and be brought back to school on Monday
- Please go through the whole chapter with them
- Complete any unfinished work
- Please do not work ahead to the next chapters
- Students who are not attending the conferences will take home their package of materials today
- No regular classes- Student-Led Conference
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment
- Conferences are 20 minutes long
- Students will come to school wearing their complete uniform
- Please watch the Moorehead Message video that will be sent early in the week and read the email that I will send later in the week for more details and reminders
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.