Hi Grade Two Families,
This week, the children wore orange in support of Orange Shirt Day. To help them better understand the importance of this day, we read a story about holding others up, discussed ways to consider the well-being of others in our everyday actions, and made our own orange t-shirts to honour our First Nations brothers and sisters.
We then ended this short week with a very successful Walk-a-thon! Thank you to all the parents for your constant support and a special thank you to the many moms and dads who were able to walk with our class or help out at the park. The children, albeit a little tired at the end, had a wonderful Walk-a-thon!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Alejandro
Phonics Skill: Digraphs review
- PE today
- Library today (to make up for last week)
- Please return any library books not yet brought back
- We will be visiting the library again on Friday, as per our regular schedule
- Home Reading folder sent home with phonics skill activities
- Because we are reviewing last week’s phonics skill (digraphs), a new parent letter will not be provided
- Music and French today
- School Assembly led by Grade 7 and Kindergarten
- Dismissal at 2 pm today
- School Mass @ 9:15 am ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- French today
- Word Study Assessment: Digraphs
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- PE today
- Library today
- Please return any library books borrowed earlier this week
- Garry Point Fun Run at 1 pm (more details to come)
- Please check the PE blog as more information will be coming from Mr. Kelly
- Monday, October 10- Thanksgiving (No School)
- Tuesday, October 11- Walkathon Pledges due
- Friday, October 14- Fukuroku Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.