Hello Grade Two families,
This past week, the students packed up their suitcases, climbed on the school bus, and embarked on a road trip across Canada! So far, we visited British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan, and have already seen lots of famous landmarks along the way! At the end of the unit, we will be going on a field trip to Fly Over Canada with our buddies, and the permission form was sent home today. Please sign and return it by Monday, May 15! 🚌
The students also did a wonderful job receiving the sacrament of Reconciliation on Thursday! After they were finished, Father Smith said he was very impressed with how reverent and prepared they were. I also heard the children saying how clean their hearts felt again and how they were now ready to have Jesus enter it on Saturday! Thank you, parents, for practicing with your children at home and for encouraging them so that they could re-experience the fullness of the sacrament!
The children then had an opportunity to taste the host with Father Felix, as he taught them how to receive the Eucharist on their tongue and by hand. I can’t wait to see your children receive Jesus for the first time tomorrow and hear how they felt after receiving their First Communion!
Here are the reminders of the week:
First Communion Theme: Going Forth
Star of the Week: Max
Phonics Skill: dge /j/
Open Parachute Unit (in class): Safety & Consent (cont’d)
Open Parachute Unit (at home): Protecting your Child (cont’d)
- Return Gold Book
- PE today
- Home Reading folder sent home with phonics skill activities
- Music and French today
- PE today
- Dismissal at 2 pm today
- School Mass @ 9:15 am (Gr. 2 to lead) ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- French today
- Gold Book goes home
- They will stay home over the weekend and be brought back to school on Monday (to be signed by Fr. Smith)
- Please go through the whole chapter with them
- Ensure the whole book is complete
- Math Challenge
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- PE today
- Library today
- Please return any library books not yet brought back
- Monday, May 15- Yummy Pasta Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Wednesday, May 17- School Assembly @ 1:00 (Grade 5 and 1 to lead)
- We will be saying Farewell to Father Felix at this assembly
- Thursday, May 18– Family Guide for First Communion due
- Friday, May 19- Professional Development Day (No School)
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.