Dear Grade Two Families,
We are now in the second week of Advent. We continue to prepare our hearts for Jesus’ coming both at Christmas time and in his second coming, as St. John the Baptist did in today’s Gospel. We also take this week to remember that Jesus is the Prince of Peace and that we can find peace in Him and through Him.
Last week, our class did a wonderful job leading the Assembly with our big buddies. Together, we shared some of our favourite Advent traditions with the school. Grade Two also made their own Advent wreath crafts and reverently reflected on an act of service they could do for each day of Advent as they patiently wait for Jesus’ coming on Christmas.
A friendly reminder that for our school’s Advent charity project, your child is asked to bring in new pairs of children’s socks this week as a donation for Blanket BC Society. You are also welcome to donate any new or gently used blankets as well.
Additionally, our Advent celebration is this coming Thursday! A big thank you to Mrs. Castillo and Mrs. Chow for all the preparations into the party. I look forward to celebrating the spirit of this season with you all!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: George
Phonics Skill: Digraphs review 2
Open Parachute Unit (in class): Overcoming Worries & Doubts (cont’d)
Open Parachute Unit (at home): Empathy & Accountability (cont’d)
- Yummy Pizza Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- PE today
- Home Reading folder sent home with phonics skill activities
- Music and French today
- PE today
- Dismissal at 2 pm today
- School Mass @ 9:15 am ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Class Advent Party
- Please see below for more details
- White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Because our Advent party is today, students will take their Hot Lunch serving home
- Christmas Concert Costume due today
- Please see email for more information
- French today
- No more Word Study Assessments until 2023!
- Please return Home Reading folders to school! These will stay at school until the new year.
- PE today
- Library today
- Please return any library books not yet brought back
Class Advent Party
We will be celebrating Christmas in Grade Two on Thursday afternoon in the Parish Centre!
- Please pack a morning snack; lunch will be provided.
- If your child plans on sending individual Christmas treats to their classmates, please ensure there are no names on them (except for who they’re from) and that they are nut-free. Children will hand them out on this day, after our Advent Party.
- A reusable bag will be provided for your child to take their treats home at the end of the day. Please return these bags by Thursday, December 15, as we will use them again for other celebrations coming up this school year!
- Monday, December 12- Yummy Pasta Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Tuesday, December 13- Christmas Concert Celebration (1:00 pm and 6:45 pm)
- Friday, December 16- Ugly Christmas Sweater or Red/Green Dress Down Day
- Friday, December 16- School Assembly @ 9:15 (Grade 6 and 3 to lead)
- Friday, December 16- Last Day of School (noon dismissal)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.