Hello Grade One Families!
Welcome to a new school year! I hope that you all had a wonderful summer making memories that you will cherish for years to come. This year it will be a pleasure to welcome back some families with whom I have worked before and meet so many new families. Our Archdiocesan theme this year is “Walk with Jesus, Our Living Hope”. As we walk our learning journey this year, growing spiritually, socially, emotionally and academically, Jesus will be with us every step of the way!
This year will be the exciting move into the “big school”, having lockers, changing into PE strip, and many other new adventures in school life! If, at any time, you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is always best to address questions and concerns directly so that we can all work together to make sure concerns are addressed and achievements are celebrated!
During this first week of school we will spend time reconnecting with classmates and begin learning the routines and expectations of Grade One. There are many new protocols to learn as this unique school year begins and we will be working hard to make all of these protocols routine.
One new routine is changing for PE. All students wear their PE t-shirt and shorts underneath the regular school uniform on PE days. Running shoes are kept in the lockers for the school year. At PE time, the students remove their outer uniform, fold it onto their home table, and change into their PE shoes. It is very important that the students be able to do this independently so please practice changing into and out of the school uniform at home if this is a skill that your child needs to master. The students’ first PE class will be on Monday September 14.
We will be using Class Dojo again this year. Over the first few days of school, we will be posting photos of the classroom so that the students who are “learning at school” can share their learning environment with you. Hopefully the login codes will be ready to send home on the first day of school.
Please note the following items for the first two days of “learning at school”:
Thursday September 10
- this is a full day of school so please send a water bottle, recess snack, and lunch with your child
- please send back all of the school supplies in your child’s backpack (or an alternate bag) ~ please refer to my email for more details and please note that this also applies to families who bought their own supplies
- your child will be bringing home paperwork to be completed for the school office and a sheet entitled “Our Child” to be completed for me ~ please complete the paperwork and return it on Friday
- if the ClassDojo codes are ready, they will also be sent home with your child today
Friday September 11
- another full day of school today!
- please return the completed paperwork from me and from the school office
I am very much looking forward to working with all of the children and families this year! May God bless us with all we need for a joyful and healthy school year!
Mrs. Kelly 🙂