Hello Grade One Families!
I hope that you all had a great weekend!
Tomorrow is the first day of Autumn and the weather is certainly showing it! Please make sure that your child has a jacket at school for outdoor play. If it is raining in the morning and you want your child to wear boots to school, please put their black school shoes into their backpack. Boots do not stay at school in Grade One so you can expect that if your child wears boots to school, they will be bringing them home again at the end of the day.
Just a friendly reminder that the school does not provide cutlery for student lunches. If your child has a lunch that requires a fork or a spoon, please check that you have included the necessary items in their lunch bag. This includes hot lunch days. Thank-you very much!
Thank-you for working on the home reading assignments with your child. Please try to complete two or three books a week if possible. If you have any questions about the home reading book or level, please e-mail me.
This Friday is Walkathon Day! Please continue to collect pledges for this very important school fundraiser. Let’s make this the most successful one yet!
Please note the following for this week:
- PE class
- PE class
- PE class
- library books due ~ some students have two school library books at home so please make sure that all library books are returned by Thursday morning
Friday ~ Walkathon Day!
- wear clothes appropriate for the weather and shoes for taking a long walk
- students do not need their backpacks today
- school begins at 8:45am ~ we will gather in the classroom and then go to the gym for a brief Assembly
- Grade One leaves for the walk immediately after the opening Assembly so if you are walking with us, please be in the covered area right after the Assembly (approximately 9:10am)
- we will walk to and from Garden City Play Park
- the students will be given a snack and water at the park so they are not to bring water bottles or snacks with them
- when we return to school (usually between 11:15am & 11:30am) you are welcome to take your child home with you if you were walking with us
- all students who are not picked up after the walk will be dismissed at 12:30pm
- if you make arrangements for your child to go home with another parent after the walk, please let me know in advance via e-mail
- if you know that your child will be at school until 12:30pm, please send food for them to eat after the walk
Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns!
Have a wonderful week! I am looking forward to seeing many of you on Friday!