Hello Grade One Families!
Happy Mother’s Day!
I hope that all of the Grade One Moms are having a very special day!
On Friday the students all brought home (front pocket of the agenda book) an order form for treats that can be purchased in support of the Grade Seven “Grand Finale” Fundraiser. The fundraiser is on the afternoon of Friday June 14 and will be a show put on by the Grade Seven class in the gym. During the show the students may eat the treats that they have ordered. All treat orders must be submitted to me by Wednesday May 15 to provide time for the Grade Sevens to tally, purchase and prepare the snack orders. Each student who orders snacks will be given a bag with their treats before entering the show on June 14 so that they can eat their treats during the show. If you are ordering for your child, please make sure that you clearly print your child’s name and Grade on the order form, and place the order and exact cash into a bag or envelope also labeled with your child’s name. All proceeds will go toward charities chosen by the Grade Seven class. Thank-you for your support!
On Monday May 13 (tomorrow) the students may wear play clothes to school. Please send in a $2 donation for Kalipay. Please make sure that your child is dressed appropriately to participate in all class activities including outdoor play and PE class. Thank-you again for your support!
On Tuesday May 14 we will be going on our field trip to Britannia Heritage Shipyards. Thank-you to all of the parents who signed up to join us for driving and supervision. We have exactly the right number of rides for the students which is always a blessing! If you are not driving, please send your child’s booster seat to school on Tuesday morning. The school does not provide booster seats! The students will wear their uniforms. Unfortunately, it may be raining on Tuesday so please send a jacket with your child since they will be walking outside from one building to another. No umbrellas please! Finally, we will not have the opportunity for a morning snack, so please make sure that your child eats before school. Thank-you!
Please note the following for this week:
- dress down day ~ please send a $2 donation
- no PE strip needed
- hot lunch for those who ordered
- Monday sharing group presentations
- Anxiety Workshop from 7:00pm – 8:30pm in the Parish Centre Gym ~ please join us to listen to a great speaker on such an important mental health topic (see Mrs. Moorehead’s previous e-mails for more information)
- regular start time of 8:45am
- Britannia Heritage Shipyards from 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Tuesday sharing group presentations
- last day to return Grade Seven Fundraiser treat order forms
- PE class
- library books due
- Thursday sharing group presentations
- Assembly at 9:00am ~ please join us!
- PE class
- Friday sharing group presentations
Saturday May 18 – Monday May 20 ~ Victoria Day Long Weekend. Enjoy!
Please e-mail me at nkelly@ stpaulschool.ca if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a super week!