Hello Grade One Families!
Well, it has happened…we have come to the last week of school!
It was such a great day yesterday for our school Fun Day! Everyone participated and although every station might not be a favourite, a good time was had by all! I hope that many of you were able to attend the Parent Appreciation Breakfast before Fun Day. Your support of our school needs and activities is such a blessing to us and such an important way to build our school community. Thank-you!
Earlier in the week, the Grade One students had the opportunity to spend the afternoon with Mrs. Teodosio in Grade Two. This was a highly anticipated event and they loved it!
Please come by the school office if you need to check the Lost and Found items from this year. They are on a table just outside of Mrs. Ong’s office door.
Also, just a reminder from Mrs. Ong and Mrs. Teodosio that the money for Grade Two school supplies is due on Monday June 24.
Finally, as Mr. Kelly announced at the end of Fun Day yesterday, there will be no drop off or pick up on the east side of the school for the remainder of the school year because they are in the process of demolishing the old church.
We have a wonderful week ahead for our last week of school! Here are the details:
Monday June 24 ~ 8:45am – 3:00pm (or pick-up from the park at 1:40pm)
- students come to school at 8:45am wearing play clothes and a sun hat appropriate for walking and playing at the park
- please send a small backpack containing: water, snacks for the morning, and water shoes (if you are meeting us at the park by 10:30am then please feel free to bring your child’s things with you rather than send them to school)
- we will leave at approximately 9:45am (thank-you to those who are walking with us, please meet us in the covered area)
- the students will eat their snack (brought from home) when we arrive at the park and then play
- we will eat lunch at about 12:30pm
- if you are picking up your child from the park, please meet us at the Grade One area at 1:40pm and sign your child out with me at that time
- most parents have indicated that they will be picking up their child directly from the park and those students whose parents can not pick up from the park will be walking back to school with us beginning shortly before 2:00pm
We are hopeful that the weather will cooperate! If there is a need to cancel the picnic due to weather, you will be notified as soon as possible on Monday morning.
Please note that parents and others visiting the park must park in designated parking stalls only or on the street. Please do not park around the perimeter of the parking lot as this is a no parking zone. Please also note that we are responsible for removing all of our garbage/compost/recyclables from the park when we leave. Thank-you very much for your cooperation in these matters!
Thank-you to Mrs. Yun for organizing the picnic and to all those who have a hand in helping to prepare and provide for this fun day for the students. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Tuesday June 25 ~ 8:45am – 3:00pm
- PE class
- please send a cloth bag for school books coming home
- School Farewell Mass at 11:00am ~ please join us!
Wednesday June 26 ~ 8:45am – 2:00pm
- PE class
- please send a cloth bag for the remainder of school supplies coming home
- the Sing family will be providing spring rolls and spaghetti for the students’ lunch in celebration of Sydney’s birthday
Thursday June 27 ~ 8:45am – 12:00pm
Last Day of School!!
- students may wear play clothes
- students only need to bring a water bottle and a morning snack
- we will have our closing school Assembly beginning at 9:00am
- dismissal is at 12:00pm
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at email@example.com.
Have a super weekend!