Hello Grade One Families!
Wow! I cannot believe that there are only 14 school days left!! Where does the time go?
Because of many factors including the “I’m a Gift From God” homework and bowling this week, we will be stopping the home reading program as of tomorrow. This is also the last week for sharing presentations. “I’m a Gift From God” homework will continue until the program is complete. This week, we will be doing Concepts D, E, and F in class.
On Wednesday, we will be going bowling at the Lucky 9 Bowling Centre. Thank-you for organizing the rides for the students so efficiently! Below you will find a schedule for the day. It should be a fun field trip for everyone!
Please note the following for this week:
- return “I’m a Gift From God” workbooks
- PE class
- hot lunch for those who ordered
- Monday sharing group presentations
- PE class
- Tuesday sharing group presentations
- 8:45am ~ students arrive at school wearing their school uniform
- 9:45am ~ students will have their morning snack
- 10:00am ~ leave for the bowling centre (if you are driving, please meet us in the covered area)
- 10:15am ~ arrive at the bowling centre (let’s meet outside the entrance facing Watermania)
- we will get the students organized with their shoes and I will have them divided into groups for the bowling lanes
- 10:30am – 12:30pm is our time for bowling (the students must remain on the carpet area and are not allowed to visit the arcade or order food while we are at the bowling alley please)
- at 12:30pm we will return the bowling shoes and drivers will check out with Mrs. Kelly
- 1:00pm (approximately) students will arrive at school, eat their lunch, and do afternoon activities
- 2:00pm dismissal
- Thursday sharing group
- 9:00am ~ Assembly
- no PE class today
- Friday sharing group presentations
- 1:00pm ~ Grade Seven Grand Finale Show in the gym (students will receive their pre-ordered snacks at this time and are asked to bring in a $2 “admission fee” for charity) Parents welcome!
Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!