Hello Grade One Families!
I hope that you all had a super weekend!
Last week was such a quick week with the two snow days in the middle. The students did a great job of getting their work done on Friday so we are on track to begin our new units of study this week. Over the next few weeks, we will be exploring many questions including:
- Who is our school’s patron saint and what can he teach us about spreading the Good News?
- Who are the members of the Holy Trinity?
- How is God with us in the Sacraments? (Baptism, Holy Eucharist/Mass)
- Who are the “h brothers”? (ch, sh, th, and wh)
- What makes a story? (character, setting, problem, solution)
- What are addition and subtraction? What strategies can we use to solve them? Why do we need them?
- How can we share information with others through our writing? (using graphic organizers for paragraph writing)
- What did God create to give us light and sound? How can light and sound be changed?
- What is a community? How can we be good members of a community and make a community better?
We will also begin our “sharing” assignments this week. I will send an email with instructions and post information on the Class Info section of the Grade One blog on Tuesday.
Please note the following for this week:
- no school for students
- PE class
- PE class
- 11:00am performance by the Richmond Orchestra and Chorus
- please return any school library books that you may have at home
Friday ~ St. Paul Feast Day Celebration!
- no Assembly
- please send a snack with your child as usual
- 10:30am Mass ~ please join us!
- luncheon in the gym following Mass (if you ordered Fukuroku for your child, please be sure to send cutlery along with your child because it will not be provided)
- we will have a special school-wide activity in the afternoon
- dismissal is at 3:00pm as usual
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Have a wonderful week! I hope to see many of you at our celebration on Friday!