Hello Grade One Families!
Our very short school week is over and ended on a wonderful note with our special guest Tracy. The students were very attentive listeners and had many questions about Tracy’s daily life. I could really see them thinking as they watched her moving around the room and using the equipment that gives her mobility. We will be continuing our thoughts and ideas about accessibility over the next two weeks as we continue our work about communities. What makes a community accessible and are there ways that our community could be more accessible? Important questions that deserve a lot of thought and action. I can’t wait to see and hear what the students come up with when working through these questions about our community.
I hope that you all have the opportunity to spend time together as a family this weekend, particularly on Family Day. I get to hear so many wonderful stories about your families from the children when they come to school. A happy family life is a true blessing from God.
Please note the following items for next week:
- Family Day ~ no school
Tuesday ~ the 100th day of school
- PE class
- Monday and Tuesday group sharing presentations
- we will be doing some math activities about the number 100, but the students do not need to bring anything from home for these activities
- PE class
- please make sure that all school library books are returned by today
- Thursday sharing group presentations
Friday ~ Superhero Day!
- students may wear superhero costumes (provided that they can still participate in regular school activities), superhero t-shirts and casual pants, or red and blue clothes
- please send in a $2 donation for our foster child Thomas
- 9:00am Assembly
- PE class (no PE strip needed today)
- Friday sharing group presentations
Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
I hope that you all have a fantastic extra-long weekend and look forward to seeing the students again on Tuesday!