Hello Grade One Families!
I hope that you are all able to get outside this weekend to enjoy the beautiful weather. Although we encourage outdoor play in all types of weather, there is something extra special about spending time in nature on a sunny day. We took our science explore time outside yesterday to answer some questions that the students had about shadows. Check out ClassDojo later this weekend to see what we found out.
Please note the following reminders for the upcoming school week:
Monday ~ Valentine’s Day
- students may wear red, pink and/or white clothes to school instead of their uniform
- if students are bringing Valentine’s Day cards/treats to school for their classmates please ensure that there is one for everyone just as you did on Halloween (thank-you!) and that treats are individually wrapped and nut-free ~ bringing cards/treats is entirely optional
- we will be handing out cards/treats shortly after school arrival so please make sure that your child brings the cards/treats for their classmates to school with them (not dropped off by a parent later in the day)
- there will be PE class, but the students do not need their PE strip
- PE class ~ PE strip is needed
Thursday and Friday ~ no school for students due to Professional Development Days
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a fabulous weekend and week ahead!
Mrs. Kelly 🙂