God of light bring us hope.
Help us to find hope this Advent season.
Help us to prepare for the coming of the Lord.
Hello Grade One Families!
This Sunday we begin our new liturgical year with the First Sunday of Advent. The focus of the first week of Advent is hope. During the first week of Advent, the class will be focussing on how we can prepare our hearts for the coming of Jesus at Christmas. What can we do individually and as a group over the next four weeks so that we can keep Jesus as the focus of our Advent season and be ready for His coming at Christmas? How can we make our minds quiet so that we can ask Jesus to help us be ready? Advent is a beautiful season filled with both reflection and joy, and I look forward to walking the road to Christmas with the students over the next few weeks.
December is here too! We will continue with the units of study that we began in November as well as Advent and Christmas activities. December is such a busy month and filled with so much joy!
Please note the following for this week:
- PE class
- hot lunch for those who ordered (please remember to send in cutlery)
- a new family homework sheet will be in the agenda book (please complete and return by Thursday December 5)
- PE class
- PE class
- library books due (some students have more than one overdue library book so please make sure that the books are returned this week)
- family homework sheet due
- last day to submit St. Paul Feast Day Fukuroku order forms
- 9:00am Assembly led by Grade One and Grade Four ~ please join us!
- St. Nicholas Day Party ~ looking forward to seeing you there!
- Fukuroku hot lunch for those who ordered (please send cutlery)
Looking Ahead to the rest of December:
December 6 ~ Assembly and St. Nicholas Day Party
December 17 ~ afternoon dress rehearsal for the Christmas Concert (audience welcome!) & evening performance beginning at 7:00pm
December 18 ~ lunch provided by Emily’s family for her birthday
December 19 ~ lunch provided by Geoffrey’s family for his birthday
December 20 ~ students may come dressed in “ugly Christmas sweaters” and/or red and green clothes, & dismissal is at 12:00pm
A special thank-you to everyone for sending in a wrapped Christmas book for our secret book exchange at the party on Friday! See you there!
Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!