God of light, give us joy!
Help us to find joy this Advent season.
Help us to prepare for the coming of the Lord.
We make this prayer in the name of Jesus, our joy. Amen
Hello Grade One Families!
This upcoming week we will celebrate the third week of Advent – the week of joy! Jesus is coming so let us rejoice! The students in Grade One know the joy of the season very well. They are literally vibrating with excitement for all that Advent and Christmas mean to them. It is a privilege and a blessing to be able to spend every day surrounded by their excitement and joy.
Please return your child’s green homework folder on Monday December 13. Please make sure that the calendar and family sheets are inside of the folder when it is returned to school. On Tuesday or Wednesday morning, your child will be presenting some of the information on the family sheets to the class so please help them to prepare for this by reading over the sheets with them this weekend.
You should have received your family’s tickets to the Advent Choral Celebration today. They are in the front pocket of your child’s agenda book. Please take them out of your child’s agenda book this weekend because as of Monday December 13, I will be keeping the agenda books at school until after the holidays.
I can’t believe that there are only five school days left until the Christmas holidays! Please note the following for the last week of school before Christmas:
- homework folders must be returned to school today
- no PE class
- Nova Foods hot lunch for those who ordered
- students must come to school in their full school uniform and any hair accessories need to match the uniform colours (black, blue, white, yellow)
- Advent Choral Celebration afternoon concert begins at 1:00pm (ticketed event)
- students return to school between 6:15pm and 6:30pm wearing “Sunday best” for the evening Advent Choral Celebration (ticketed event)
- please read my email from Wednesday December 8 and Mrs. Moorehead’s email from Friday December 10 for all of the information about the Advent Choral Celebration
- PE class ~ PE strip is needed
- afternoon Buddy Advent Activities with the Grade Four class
- 9:00am Mass ~ you are welcome to join us!
- class Advent Party ~ pizza lunch and afternoon games
- students may come to school in festive Christmas red and green clothes
- dismissal is at 12:00pm
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Wishing you a joyful weekend and week ahead!
Mrs. Kelly 🙂