Alleluia! Jesus is risen! Jesus is risen indeed!
Hello Grade One Families!
Happy Easter! I hope that you are all enjoying a joyful Easter weekend! We are now beginning the beautiful liturgical season of Easter which brings us fifty days of celebration of the joy of the resurrection. Alleluia!
Because of our shortened week this week (only three days of regular classes), we will not be having any sharing presentations. Sharing presentations will resume on Monday April 29 as usual.
This Friday, April 26, it is Student-Led Conference Day. Thank-you to everyone who has already registered for a conference time on Friday. If you have not, please do so at your earliest convenience. The conferences are an opportunity for your child to share with you some of the things that we have been working on in class. Each appointment time is scheduled for half an hour during which time your child will guide you through stations and show you their work in each area. The stations will each have an explanation card to guide you and I encourage you to ask your child to explain the activities at each station. This is meant to be a time of affirmation and celebration of your child’s learning and I know that they are excited to be able to share some aspects of their classroom life with you. This is not a time for parent/teacher meetings so if you would like to schedule a meeting to discuss your child’s progress, we can do so at a later date via e-mail. At the end of the conference there will be an opportunity for you to write a note (paper and pen provided) about your favourite part of the conference and/or what made you particularly proud. You are asked to read it to your child and then please leave it in the basket beside the prayer table. Thank-you!
Please note the following for this week:
- Easter Monday ~ no school
- PE class
- PE class
- non-uniform day ~ wear spring colours to school and please bring a $2 donation for our foster child Thomas
- library books due
- 9:00am Assembly
Friday ~ Student-Led Conferences
- no regular classes
- please come at your conference time
- students wear their school uniform
- school-age siblings wait in the library and we respectfully request that you make childcare arrangements for younger siblings if possible
- we will begin at 8:00am and end promptly at 6:00pm so if you have an end-of-the-day appointment time please be on time (or even a bit early) so that you can have your full 30 minutes in the classroom
If you have any questions or concerns please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a wonderful week and I am looking forward to seeing you on Friday!