Hi Grade 2 Families,
Our Spelling program has begun! Please read below to find out all about the program.
- We do a “Check-In (pre-test)” to see what words they know and what they don’t know.
- These words are commonly used sight words.
- The words that they have difficulty spelling with will be on the list.
- If they are able to spell those words in the “Check In,” they are given a list with words that match what we are learning about.
- Students are not marked on words they have not practiced yet.
- Each student has a different spelling list to best support and help their learning.
- A new list will be sent home on Thursday in their Spelling notebooks.
- They will write 5 sentences using their Spelling words.
- I will usually write a note on top encouraging their learning and giving them something to work on for next week. Please go over the note with them.
- I remind them to look back at the notes before they start writing the next week, so they know what area they can focus on for that week.
FRIDAY TO TUESDAY:
- Please practice their spelling words with them throughout the week.
- In school, we practice using these words through our daily activities
- Here are some ideas to practice spelling:
WEDNESDAY THE NEXT WEEK:
- Bring back their Spelling notebook
- Spelling “Check Up (test)” to test the words they have practiced.
- Their Spelling Check-Ups will be marked and glued in their notebooks by next Thursday.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the Spelling program or if you would like more ideas on how to support your child’s spelling growth. Thank you very much for your continued support in your child’s learning!