Hello Grade One Families!
I hope that you are all enjoying this long weekend and are able to spend time together with family and friends.
As you are aware, this Friday May 27 the Grade 7 class will be hosting "Cafe International" in the Parish Centre. I invite you to check the Grade 7 blog page for samples of items that will be for sale and a letter from the class explaining the day and its purpose. They are raising money for "The Door is Open" and are working very hard to make this a fun day for everyone. Students are encouraged to bring a donation of $2.50. They can bring the money on either Wednesday or Thursday this week. On Friday, students are welcome to bring money to buy the items that will be for sale during the "Cafe International". As part of this special day, all of the students in the school may wear clothes in the colours of their favourite country.
I invite you to also visit the PE/Music blog to read about St. Paul School Spirit Wear that can be ordered this week only. Mr. Kelly has written a blog post about the Spirit Wear and attached the order form. If you would like to order for your family please note that orders must be submitted by Friday May 27 and late orders will not be accepted.
This week in Grade One we will begin the "I'm a Gift From God" Program. It is very beneficial for the program to be taught both at home and at school so each family will be receiving a parent package on Wednesday. Lessons will be listed on the blog as part of the weekly post. Please do the lessons on the designated day and complete the workbook pages when indicated in the agenda book (ex.: IGFG workbook page 5). Please do not work ahead in the workbook as some of the pages are meant for school use and others for home use. Please return the workbook the next day because it may be needed for the class lesson. Because of the homework involved in the "I'm a Gift From God" program, this week will be the last spelling test.
Please note the other reminders for this week:
- no school for students (Professional Development Day)
- "I'm a Gift From God" Concept A
- PE class
- students in the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday sharing groups are invited to bring their sharing. We will do as many as possible on Wednesday and then finish on Thursday. If it is not ready for Wednesday, please send it on Thursday.
- bring Cafe International $2.50 donation
- bring spelling duo-tang for last spelling test
- bring library book
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday sharing groups bring their sharing if it was not brought on Wednesday
- "I'm a Gift From God" Concept A continued
- bring Cafe International $2.50 donation if you have not already done so
- wear colours of your favourite country
- bring money for Cafe International purchases
- Assembly at 9:00am led by Grades 2 & 5
- PE class (no PE strip required)
- Friday sharing group
Thank-you for your attention to all of these details!
Please e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Have a wonderful week!