Hello Grade One Families!
Welcome to the third week of Advent - the week of joy and rejoicing! We light the much anticipated pink candle this week and celebrate the coming of the Lord.
Last week was so exciting as we began and ended the week with snowfall, and had many fun days of playing in the snow with friends. Thank-you for having your children so well dressed for the weather and for braving the driving conditions on Monday and Friday.
Christmas Concert Update:
It's almost here! Please check the e-mail that I sent on Wednesday December 7 for details of the schedule for Tuesday December 13. Please make sure that if your child is wearing boots to school, they bring their black school shoes as well. They will need them for their costume on both Tuesday afternoon and evening. Thank-you to the parents who are able to help the students change for the performances on Tuesday. The afternoon volunteers are: Mrs. Chen, Mrs. Lai, Mrs. Foster, Mrs. Alvarez, and Mr. Mah. The evening volunteers are: Mrs. Foster, Mrs. Alvarez, Mrs. Garcia, Mrs. Chen, Mrs. Ching, Mrs. Abanto, and Mrs. Olivares.
There are a few other pieces of information for this week:
Monday December 12:
- no PE (concert set-up)
- hot lunch for those who ordered
- family projects due
- please return all home reading (home reading will resume after the Christmas break)
Tuesday December 13:
- please make sure your child has his/her black shoes at school
- 1:30pm Christmas Concert Dress Rehearsal ~ audience welcome!
- 6:20pm ~ students return to school for the evening performance (show begins at 7:00pm) wearing casual clothes and black shoes and socks
Wednesday December 14:
- class Christmas lunch and activities beginning at 12:00pm in the Parish Centre ~ please contact Mrs. Garcia if you have any questions
Thursday December 15:
- last day to return library book ~ no new book this week
- final Buddy Activity before the Christmas break
Friday December 16:
- dress down day ~ wear a Christmas sweater or red and green clothes (no donation necessary)
- Assembly at 9:00am
- please send a snack and water bottle
- dismissal is at 12:00pm
- school resumes at 8:45am on Tuesday January 3, 2017
- hopefully many of you will be able to join us to celebrate St. Paul's Feast Day on Wednesday January 25 beginning with Mass at 11:00am
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a fabulous week! See you on Tuesday!