Hello Grade One Families!
The first week of school just flew by! The Grade One students did an amazing job of practicing new routines and showing me how eager they are to share what they know and learn new things. Each day brought new experiences and helped us all to get to know each other better. I am looking forward to a wonderful year of exploring the curriculum with your children.
The students did a great job of changing for PE class on Friday. Perhaps a little practice with buttons might be helpful in leading to complete independent success. I will set up a practice station for buttoning in the classroom and would appreciate it if you could practice at home as well. Please ask your child how they feel they did with their changing and practice accordingly.
We have started our first unit of the school year: I Belong to My School Community. The students will be collecting and graphing data about each other, writing sentences about what they have discovered, giving examples of how we appreciate and welcome each other, and practicing new and familiar classroom and school routines. This week we will begin another unit about local plants such as blueberries, cranberries and pumpkins.
Please note the following for this week:
- agenda books must be returned to school each day
- please send a photo of your child for the school birthday board (full name and birthdate on the back please) on Monday if you have not already done so
- complete and return the papers in the brown envelope as soon as possible
- Walkathon pledge forms were sent home on Friday. Please begin collecting Walkathon pledges to make this our most successful Walkathon yet!
- PE class
- first library books will come home
- 9:00am Assembly led by Grade 6 ~ all are welcome to attend in the gym
The changes in the PE schedule this week are due to Mr. Kelly attending the Outdoor Education Program with the Grade 7 class. PE on Tuesday and Thursday will be taught by Miss Tang.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to come in and see me or e-mail me at email@example.com
Have a wonderful weekend and week ahead!