Hello Grade One Families!
Thank-you to everyone who was able to join us for the Assembly this morning. The students who had an "Assembly leader" role did a fantastic job, and their classmates were very supportive of them this morning and at all of our practices. Great job everyone!! The feast of Christ the King, to be celebrated this Sunday, marks the end of the liturgical year. During the upcoming week, we will transition to our new liturgical year which begins on the First Sunday of Advent.
This afternoon, we watched a performance of "Land of Trash" by the Green Thumb Theatre. The children had some interesting questions for the actors at the end of the play, and were excited that two of the actors had the same names as classmates!
Time is zooming by and we have come to the end of the first term. I am looking forward to meeting with you on Friday. Thank-you to everyone who has already registered for a meeting time on Friday. There are still a few families who need to select a time. Please see the yellow note that was sent home last week or the online copy attached to the Thursday letter for more details about the Parent/Teacher Conferences.
Please note these reminders for the week:
Monday November 21:
- PE class
- hot lunch for those who ordered
- Aboriginal Artifacts presentation
Wednesday November 23:
- school Mass at 11:00am ~ please join us!
- Primary Choir for all who joined ~ 12:15pm-12:45pm
- PE class
Thursday November 24:
- return library books
- 9:00am Assembly for the First Sunday of Advent ~ please join us!
Friday November 25 ~ Parent/Teacher Conference Day!
- no regular classes
- please come to the gym at your scheduled conference time ~ please be on time to receive your full 10 minutes of meeting time
- Grade One students do not attend this meeting ~ if you do not have childcare then your child may come to school with you and wait in the library (they must wear their school uniform)
- we are unable to provide supervision for preschool siblings so please make childcare arrangements ~ thank-you!
Please come in to see me or e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a super weekend and week ahead!
See you on Friday!