Hello Grade One Families!
What a wonderful and exciting day we had today!
This morning the students in Grades One and Four did a super job leading the All Saints Day prayer service at the school Assembly. Then we found out that the Grade One families raised the most money of all of the Primary classes! As a reward the Grade One students will be having a pizza lunch on Friday. Thank-you for all of your efforts in raising funds for the school! This afternoon we had a great time participating in Halloween activity stations. Thank-you again to the moms who came to lead an activity and to Mrs. Cecilia who helped me to coordinate the afternoon festivities.
Yesterday the students had their first opportunity to participate in Primary Choir. Everyone in Grade One joined the choir and Mrs. DeMello was very impressed with their attention and enthusiasm!
We are now ready to turn our attention to the month of November. We will continue the units of study that we began in October and, as the month continues, we will prepare for the Three-Way Conferences which will be held on Friday November 20.
The upcoming week will be a busy one so please note the following:
Monday November 2:
- Created By Kids Christmas Art orders due
- PE class
- new home reading will be sent home: please use all of the spaces on one sheet before beginning another ~ this week, please use the available spaces on the current sheets in the home reading bag
- some students may have forgotten to hand-in their homework or field trip form on Friday October 30 because of the excitement of the day so both will be accepted today
Tuesday November 3:
- photo retake day ~ you MUST send in the original photo with a note that you want a retake at 8:45am in order for your child to have a retake photo taken (if you are afraid that you may forget please send it in on Monday and I will save it for you)
- pizza lunch provided by the Villasenor famliy
Wednesday November 4:
- PE class
- Primary Choir from 12:15 - 12:45pm
Thursday November 5:
- library books due
- check the blog for information and reminders about Friday's field trip
Friday November 6:
- field trip to the Britannia Shipyards in the morning
- pizza lunch as a reward for Walkathon funds raised
- regular classes in the afternoon with dismissal at 3:00pm
I will not be writing about ReadWell homework on the blog as it is dependent upon when the stories are completed in class. On the days when there is ReadWell homework it will be recorded in the agenda book and you will find the envelope in the front pocket of the agenda book.